About This Blog

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hints From Heloise: Tips on tipping hotel housekeepers

Dear Heloise:
I just read the comment in your article about tipping housekeepers and maids. I like to tip housekeepers, especially if I am at a hotel for several days. Sometimes they leave an envelope with their name on it. I want to be sure that the ones who do my room are the ones who get the money.

It's very confusing, and I really do care about this because my mother raised me and put me through school on her tips. If I leave a tip in the morning before I leave the room, it might not be the same housekeeper who cared for me the day before.

Rae in Texarkana, via e-mail

Rae, thanks for writing. Here's a hint just for you: Put your tip in one of the hotel envelopes, and leave it at the front desk.
Read the Whole story here

No comments:

Post a Comment